A Verifications Specialist is primarily responsible for processing various types of employment, education, professional license and reference verification products related to pre-employment, residential and volunteer background screening applications. This position is accountable for working within the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulations to provide accurate background screening results.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: 2-5 years of work history is required. Experience in research and data entry is preferred. Experience in background screening industry is preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: FCRA Basic Certification is required to be obtained within 60 days of employment and maintaining current status.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a computer terminal using a telephone and computer. Filing in upper and lower locations is required. Must be able to lift on occasion files and other items weighing up to 20 pounds. Must have constant sitting and telephone tolerance as well as the ability to communicate well with other individuals both verbally and in writing.
Traveling Requirements: Individual must have consistently reliable transportation to and from work. Traveling is not required for this position.
- Must be, or quickly become, FCRA certified.
- Ability to research and verify information utilizing computer, internet and telephone.
- Ability to be professional in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task with various types of verifications throughout any given time.
- Excellent typing, computer and telephone skills.
- Must be able to work independently or with others.
- Must be accountable and take ownership of your work.
- Must be able to utilize with office equipment with ease including fax, phone, email, copier and personal computer.
- Ability to exhibit and maintain a strong attendance record.