Click Here to Submit Your Dispute Online
Or, Four Easy Steps to Question or Dispute Your Report
Step 1: Submit Proof of Your Personal Identity to Trak-1.
We take seriously our duty to protect your personal information. In order to be certain that any individual contacting us about one of our reports is who they say they are, we require everyone to first establish their identity with us. Establishing your identity is a part of our responsibility in protecting your consumer privacy for you!
Additionally, we want to help you once we have verified that you are who you say you are. To do this, we need current and valid contact information for you so that we can communicate with you easily. So, please respond to us quickly when we reach out to you and be sure to let us know the best way to reach you by telephone and the best way to communicate with you in writing (by email or US mail).
Please print legibly or type into an email or on a piece of paper all of the following information. (The address to which you should send this is provided in Step 4 below).
- Full legal name. Provide your full legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, etc.
- Date of birth. Provide your full date of birth (in MO-DA-YR format).
- Social Security Number. Please provide your full 9-digit United States government issued number. Please see our privacy commitment to you by clicking on the link to “privacy commitment” located at the bottom of this page.
- Current physical address. Please provide us with your residential address (this may not be a PO Box). We will need to use this to verify that you are who you say you are.
- Current mailing address (if different from physical address). We will use this information to mail information to you in the course of helping you with your question or dispute.
- Current e-mail address (if you have one that you have determined is sufficiently secure for us to correspond with you about your personal identifying information).
- Current and valid telephone number (including the best times to reach you). We want to talk to you and help you during this process. Providing us with a valid phone number and the best times to reach you to discuss your consumer inquiry, will help us to serve you even better.
- Current and valid personal identification. Please provide a COPY OF THE FRONT AND BACK SIDES OF A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE, PASSPORT OR OTHER GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. This is required in order for us to verify your identity as a part of our commitment to protect your consumer privacy.
Step 2: Help Identify the Trak-1 Report In Question.
We need your help to know which report you are questioning. We issue a Trak-1 report when you (a consumer who is applying for something) authorize one of our clients (a company or an individual) to run a background check on you. You may authorize one of our clients to run a background check when you apply for employment, housing, a volunteer position, a license or more. So, the entity that may issue a consumer report about you will be a prospective employer, apartment complex, housing provider, church, non-profit, faith-based organization, licensing board, or other. We have run many reports on “John Smith” so knowing the date of the application and who you applied with will help us help you!
- Date of Application. Provide us the actual date the Trak-1 consumer report about you was issued, or if you are unsure about the specific date of the application, please provide the approximate date on which you applied for something (a job, an apartment, a license, a housing lease, a volunteer position, etc.).
- Nature of Application. Provide us the nature of the application you made on the date indicated above (“I applied for…” a job, an apartment, a license, a housing lease, a volunteer position, etc.).
- Company Name. The name of the entity who asked Trak-1 to issue a consumer report about you (“I applied for a job with ABC Company”)
- Company Address. The physical address you went to in order to apply (either street address or mailing address or website if you applied online).
Step 3: Provide a Clear Statement about what help you need from Trak-1.
The more information we have from you, the better and more quickly we can serve you. Please provide us the following information, so we can take care of your needs.
Nature of Your Inquiry. When you contact us, please let us know one or more of the following:
- I want a copy of my Trak-1 Report.
- I want to ask a question about a Trak-1 Report.
- I want to dispute information reported by Trak-1.
- I have a question about services Trak-1 has provided to me.
If you are disputing a report made, please provide all additional information and documentation to support your dispute of information. Provide the specific information with any details you have that you are disputing, questioning or wanting to understand better on your Trak-1 Report. This part is really important! We need as much information as possible in order to be able to help you. Our teams want to let you know what they can and cannot do to help get a Trak-1 Report changed, to notify a credit bureau of information that needs to be disputed or changed or even to pursue getting a courthouse to correct information on your behalf. The more information, documents and facts you give to us, the more we can help you!
Examples of information we may need to be able to be of great service to you are:
- Court Orders. Copies of any signed, executed court orders directing that the records in question are to be expunged or sealed.
- Government-Issued Documentation. Legal papers showing a change to your name or the correction of a legal record.
- Government-filed Legal Papers. Legal documents showing a lien release from a creditor due to payment in full being received or a settlement being reached.
- Creditor Correspondence. Examples may include a letter from a creditor stating that you have paid in full a debt previously owed, a letter from a creditor stating that you do not owe a debt, a statement or invoice from a creditor showing proof of payment in full.
Please note: as a part of our commitment to you, we will be required to verify the validity of these documents with the original source that issued them.
Step 4: Send Trak-1 the Information from Step 1-3 Above.
Please send a copy of the above information via electronic mail to:
or via US mail to the following:
Consumer Relations and Solutions
7131 Riverside Parkway
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136
Internal Review of Dispute: Trak-1 will review your written statement of disputed information, free of charge, within 5 business days (exclusive of weekends and holidays) of receiving the same. If we have any questions, we will contact you at the phone number and addresses you have provided. Please respond promptly if we call you.
Correction of Trak-1 Report and Systems: If Trak-1 determines that the disputed item(s) of information are the result of an act or omission by Trak-1, we will correct or delete the item(s) in the consumer report within 20 days of receiving your written statement of dispute.
Notify External Data Providers and Reinvestigation by External Data Providers: If Trak-1 determines that the disputed item(s) of information are not the result of an act or omission by Trak-1, we will convey the notice of the dispute, together with all relevant information provided by the consumer, to each consumer data furnisher that provided Trak-1 with the information that is the subject of the dispute. The data furnisher to whom we transmit the information will conduct a reinvestigation within 30 days of receiving notification of the consumer’s dispute. Upon completion, the data furnisher will provide Trak-1 with a notice of the result of the reinvestigation.
Final Written Notice of Results of Investigation to Consumer: Upon completion of the internal investigation, Trak-1 will convey written notice of the results to you.
Please note that if you provide Trak-1 with additional, relevant information prior to completion of the investigation, the time period for investigation will be extended by Trak-1 in order to ensure that we take additional steps to help you.